Avid runners need to update their gears pretty often, and each New Year brings new releases. What we’ve seen so far looks pretty exciting, as all the top brands have been advertising their newest designs, cutting-edge technology and new release dates. Of course, we are on top of it all! Here is our list of new running shoes that are a must-try.
- Hoka’s One One Rocket X
- Hoka has progressed once again. We covered the Hoka One One Bondi in a previous post on gifts for runners. This Rocket X edition looks to be another great option, as it is has a lightweight design with super-light carbon and has an extremely soft landing. It is gives runners a super-fast feel, which is exactly what you want when racing. Two other strong points are the robust upper combined with a narrow fit make it a sure win-win race shoe.
- Nike’s ZoomX Streakfly
- This iconic company just keeps coming out with new ones. SoleSavy reports that Nike’s new ZoomX Streakfly sneakers are designed specifically for competitive runners, and it makes for a great road running shoe regardless of your broader interests. This shoe features the exclusive ZoomX cushioning along with a PeBax midfoot plate for extra comfort. It also has a breathable mesh upper to keep the feet cool during the long runs. These cool kicks are set to release in February, so keep an eye out!
- Adidas’s Adizero Boston 10
- This famous brand is always a leader when it comes to innovative sneakers. Adidas’s Adizero Boston 10 sneakers are designed for the modern runner who wants a smooth run. It features a full-length midsole with extra-thick cushioning made from an EVA-based foam. The sneakers are engineered with carbon fiber rods that give these sneakers a very stiff forefront as well as transmit energy with each pace. As a result of the spring-like feeling, the runner experiences a snappy ride during a short 5k or longer 10k.
- New Balance’s FuelCell Elite v2
- This prominent brand is once again at the forefront of advancement. New Balance’s FuelCellElite v2 sneakers give what they call a ‘competitive edge on race day.’ These sneakers feature a full-length carbon fiber plate in the midsole which is designed to give more pop and push during toe-off. The rubber outsoles give super-lightweight traction and extra durability by protecting the soft midsoles. These shoes are perfect for all-around athlete training or racing.
- Puma’s Fast-R Nitro Elite
- This attention-grabbing shoe is the definition of sneaker evolution. Puma’s Fast-R Nitro Elite shoes have an ultralight construction, an extra thick cushioned foam, and a curved carbon-fiber plate which give a stiff forefront. The special design of these are sneakers are found in the decoupling of the heel from the forefoot and how each part is made from a different piece of foam. The super bounce of the ride comes from a bio-based Pebax, and under the heel is a soft EVA blend for extra shock abortion. These kicks were made for Olympians or anyone who would like to feel like one.
Innovation and technology have found their way into shoes. Each year, the sport of running just keeps getting better as new shoes add more thrill and excitement. Try out these new kicks and enjoy a running experience as you’ve never had before.